The Egypt Exploration Society, the leading UK organisation carrying out archaeological fieldwork and research in Egypt today, invites applications for grants from its Centenary Fund. The total value of the Award will be in the region of £5,000. This sum will be divided among several projects, and the maximum any single project will be allocated is unlikely to exceed £2,500.
The Centenary Awards are intended to encourage early-career Egyptologists: applicants must be current postgraduate students or within five years of having been awarded their degree.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 (GMT) on Friday 13 December 2019. No application received after that date will be considered. Interviews will not be held; applications will be considered by the Society's Research Committee in January 2020 and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application no later than 31 March 2020. All applications, together with the required references, must be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Society welcomes applications for fieldwork and also for museum/archive-based research, particularly where this has arisen from, or can be related to, present or past EES fieldwork.
- Applicants need not be members of the Egypt Exploration Society
- The award is not intended as a supplement to student grants for regular undergraduate or postgraduate courses
- The Society expects that the successful candidate(s) will undertake their work before October 2021 unless they indicate otherwise. Save in exceptional circumstances, and then only with the consent of the EES Trustees, an award which is not taken up by the date specified shall lapse
- The Society does not necessarily undertake to publish the results of work completed by the award-holder. However, the Society will expect award-holders to disseminate the results of their funded research as quickly as possible and by all available appropriate means - online reports/blogs, presentations to EES members and/or donors and/or partner institutions, articles for Egyptian Archaeology, etc
- The award will not normally be given more than once to the same person
Full terms and conditions for EES grants can be downloaded here.
-- Sent from my Linux system.