Egypt: Two 'Terrorists' Behind November Attack on Copts Killed
Sunday, 9 December, 2018 - 08:30
Egyptian police killed two gunmen who carried out last month's attack on a bus carrying Christians in Minya governorate to the south of Cairo, the interior ministry said on Saturday. (Reuters)
Asharq Al-AwsatEgyptian police killed two gunmen suspected of involvement in last month's attack on a bus carrying Christians in Minya governorate, the interior ministry said in a statement.
Security forces had previously killed 19 militants suspected of involvement in the Nov. 2 attack.
Police, helped by the military, found the gunmen in Assiut governorate, which lies to the south of Minya, the statement added.
They were in possession of three automatic rifles, one shotgun and an unspecified amount of ammunition, Reuters reported.
ISIS claimed responsibility for last month's attack, which took place at exactly the same spot as a May 2017 attack that killed 28.
ISIS also claimed responsibility for that attack.
-- Sent from my Linux system.
Post a Comment