JEA Editor-in-Chief: Expressions of interest sought
Since its first edition in 1914, the Journal of Egyptian Archaeology has remained the flagship publication of the Egypt Exploration Society and is now approaching its 104th issue. The Society wishes to ensure that the Journal continues to remain at the forefront of publishing in Egyptology and Egyptian archaeology while also meeting the challenges posed by open-access and the transition to a mixed print and digital environment. We are now looking to appoint an Editor-in-Chief.
The successful candidate will be an Egyptologist with a strong background in a broad range of Egyptological and archaeological topics and a proven track-record of producing high-quality research. The role will include:
- Checking that submissions are suitable for the JEA
- Arranging for peer review via two academic referees, one or both of whom may be drawn from the Editorial Board
- Evaluating peer reviewers' reports, and making the decision as to whether or not to publish based on their advice
- Relaying the decision and advice to the contributor
- Liaising with the editors of the Society's other publications to ensure co-ordination across the full range of titles and series
At the outset the appointed Editor-in-Chief will also, with the Trustees and the Society's Director, undertake a revision of the Editorial Board who provide necessary expertise across the full range of specialisms within Egyptology. The Society plans to review the Journal's editorial policy during 2018 to ensure that it maintains its leading role in Egyptological and archaeological scholarship for the foreseeable future. The successful candidate will be expected to play a leading role in this.
The Editor-in-Chief will report to the Society's Director and to the Board of Trustees and will be paid an honorarium of £3,000.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their expression of interest, with accompanying CV and a statement in support of their application (up to 500 words) to the Board of Trustees by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than 12pm (BST) on Friday 15th December 2017. Interviews are planned to be held at the Society's offices in January.
All enquiries and applications should be sent to email@example.com.
-- Sent from my Linux system.