- Job description
- Conditions of employment
- Additional information
Specifications - (explanation)
|Function types||Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers|
|Scientific fields||Language and Culture|
|Hours||38.0 hours per week|
|Salary||€ 3427 - € 4691|
|About employer||Leiden University|
- Original research, preferably connected to a fieldwork project in Egypt, reflected in innovative scholarly publications;
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, supervision of BA and MA theses, and contributions to curriculum development;
- Co-supervision of PhD research;
- Acquisition of external project funding (via national and international funding bodies, such as NWO, ERC, etc.);
- Representation of the field to external audiences and in the media.
- A PhD degree in a relevant field. Candidates near completion of the degree will be considered;
- Specialist expertise in Egyptian Archaeology, Art and Material Culture of the Old and Middle Kingdoms. A research and publication record that is commensurate with career stage;
- The ability to teach and to supervise written work in Egyptian Archaeology and Material Culture at the BA, MA, and PhD levels; the ability to teach and supervise written work on a wide range of topics at the BA level;
- The ability to engage with wider issues of scholarship, and to position the study of Egyptian Archaeology, Art and Material Culture in transnational and global configurations;
- Familiarity with issues of cultural heritage preservation and management;
- Commitment to high-quality teaching practice, wide teaching scope in terms of content and audiences (e.g. students majoring in Egyptology, Archaeology, Classics, Ancient History and other degree programmes in which LIAS is involved);
- Affinity with area studies, and the ability to work from interdisciplinary, theoretical, and comparative perspectives;
- An excellent command of Old and Middle Egyptian and the ability to teach these languages on all levels. Proficiency in other phases of the Egyptian language is an advantage;
- Readiness to perform administrative and management duties in the Institute of Area Studies and the Faculty of Humanities.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team;
- An excellent command of English. The MA programmes in Classical and Ancient Civilization are offered in English, and English may be used in the BA programme in Ancient Cultures of the Mediterranean as well;
- If the Lecturer doesn't speak Dutch, she will be expected to take an introductory Dutch course; and, if the contract is extended beyond 2020 (see below), to further develop her command of Dutch for practical matters, with the University funding her training at the Academic Language Centre;
- Upon appointment, depending on experience and formal qualifications to date, the Lecturer may be required to enter a nationally standardized tertiary teaching skills certification trajectory (BKO or Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs), successful completion of which is a condition for extensions and conversion to a permanent position.
Conditions of employment
Appointment will initially be for two years from July 2017 through June 2020, with the possibility of a permanent position thereafter. Salary range, depending on education and work experience, from € 3,427.- to € 4,691.- gross per month (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on a full-time appointment. Depending on qualifications, the lecturer may start at the appropriate step in scale 10 until she fully meets the requirements for scale 11 as specified by the Faculty of Humanities, particularly with regard to teaching skills certification and the number of years of relevant work experience.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Leiden is a typical university city, hosting the oldest university in the Netherlands (1575). The University permeates the local surroundings; University premises are scattered throughout the city, and the students who live and study in Leiden give the city its relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere.
Leiden University is one of Europe's foremost research universities. This prominent position gives our graduates a leading edge in applying for academic posts and for functions outside academia.
The Faculty of Humanities is rich in expertise in fields such as philosophy, religious studies, history, art history, literature, linguistics and area studies covering nearly every region of the world. With its staff of 930, the faculty provides 27 masters' and 25 bachelor's programmes for over 6,000 students based at locations in Leiden's historic city centre and in modern buildings in The Hague. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/.
The Leiden University Institute for Area Studies (LIAS) is comprised of a School of Asian Studies and a School of Middle-Eastern Studies, with international staff and student populations. The institute is committed to a present-day vision of area studies, integrating disciplinary and regional-historical perspectives on a solid foundation of excellent language skills.
Enquiries should be directed at Olaf Kaper, email email@example.com with cc. to Frank Pieke, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the LIAS Department can be found at www.hum.leiden.edu/lias/
and about Leiden University at www.hum.leidenuniv.nl.
Login with LinkedIn to learn about your connections with:
-- Sent from my Linux system.
Tease me until I’m begging for it Click here and Check me out i am getting naked here ;)ReplyDelete
thank you for nice informationReplyDelete
visit our website: https://uhamka.ac.id/
nice info!! thanksReplyDelete
visit mine: muhammad solehuddin https://uhamka.ac.id/