The Archaeological Institute of America and Hilton are pleased to offer a special Site Preservation Grant for projects operating in Egypt (focus on Cairo, Sharm, and Alexandria), Turkey, Jordan (focus on Aqaba and Dead Sea locations), and Lebanon (focus on Beirut).
The grant carries a maximum value of $25,000 and is intended to fund one-year projects that seek not only to directly preserve archaeological sites, but also emphasize outreach and education and create a positive impact on the local community.
Eligible projects include:
1. Carrying out conservation: physical hands-on treatments, materials and labor
2. Protection of sites: shelters, fences, walkways
3. Monitoring and maintenance of sites
Requirements for the grant:
· Project outcomes must be achievable in one year.
· Projects should include benefits for the wider community (education, outreach, training, etc.).
· Preference will be given to sites and projects that are close to or easily accessible from Hilton hotels.
· Any materials (print or digital) produced with grant funds should include the logos of both the AIA and Hilton (further to approval) and should acknowledge the grant.
· Awardees are required to provide the AIA with an interim report midway through the project and a final report with statement of expenses
PLEASE NOTE: If feasible, projects should be willing to work with Hilton to organize "light volunteering" opportunities for Hilton team members.
If you are interested in applying for this grant, please contact Ben Thomas at email@example.com for an application. All applications are due by April 28, 2017 and decisions will be made approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the submission deadline. Any questions regarding the application process or the site preservation grants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
K. Sophie Will
Archaeological Institute of America
656 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02215