Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2020

Enjoy virtual tour for the Temple of Amada - Egypt Today

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/4/89170/Enjoy-virtual-tour-for-the-Temple-of-Amada
Amada Temple - Screenshot from virtual tour brought by        Egypt's Min. of Tourism & Antiquties and Virtual Mid East. Amada Temple - Screenshot from virtual tour brought by Egypt's Min. of Tourism & Antiquties and Virtual Mid East.

Enjoy virtual tour for the Temple of Amada

Wed, Jul. 1, 2020
CAIRO - 1 July 2020: The temple of Amada, dedicated to the gods Amun and Ra-Horakhty, is one of the most important temples in Nubia. It dates back to 18th Dynasty, when the core of the temple was built by Kings Thutmose III (c.1479–1425 BC) and Amenhotep II (c.1427–1400 BC), and King Thutmose IV (c.1400–1390 BC) built the hypostyle hall in front of it.

To enjoy the tour, please use the following URL:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wpdMtL8MgHG

The images of the god Amun on the walls of the temple were destroyed subsequently, during the reign of Akhenaten (c.1352–1336 BC). Some additions were made by several kings of the 19th Dynasty, especially Sety I (c.1294–1279 BC) and his son Ramesses II (c.1279–1213 BC), who also undertook restoration work.

The latter's son, Merenptah (c.1213–1203 BC) carved a text here, in which he boasts of his victory over an attack on Egypt.

Another important historical text in this temple is by Amenhotep II, in which he records his victory over enemies in Syria.

The temple of Amada was rescued in the 1960s from the rising waters of the Nile by being moved by UNESCO to its current location, 2.6 kilometers away from its original site.

This virtual Tour is made in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism & Antiquities and Virtual Mid East.

Screen          Shot 2020-07-01 at 10.06.44 PM

Screen          Shot 2020-07-01 at 10.07.15 PM

Screen          Shot 2020-07-01 at 10.07.33 PM
 
--   Sent from my Linux system.

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone,
    My name is Mrs Shinta Angga, I live in Sihanoukville here in Cambodia and i am a happy woman today and i've decided to share my testimony here, i was in need of a loan to carry out a construction project and a friend introduced me to GANNETT INTERNATIONAL FINANCE LLP indeed they delivered as they promised, And not only did i complete the project i also had the advantage of an incredible opportunity to relocate and expand my business, at a pivotal time. The support I received from "Gannett International Finance LLP" staff was priceless." - Nancy Bosben,
    If you are in need of a loan or financing, don’t hesitate to contact them through
    WhatsApp: +447449373835 or
    E-mail: - loans@gannettfinancellp.com
    "Thank you (Gannett International Finance LLP) for having faith in us to get us started!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real testimony and Good news !!!

    My name is mohammad, I just received my loan and it has been transferred to my bank account, a few days ago I applied to Dangote Loan Company through Lady Jane (Ladyjanealice@gmail.com), I asked Lady jane about the Dangote Loan Company's requirements and Jane told me that if I had all the terms my loan would be transferred to me without delay

    And believe me now as my Rp11bn loan with 2% interest rate for my Coal Mining business has just been approved and transferred to my account this is a dream to come, I promise Lady jane that I will tell the world if this is true? and I'm going to tell the world right now because it's true

    You don't have to pay registration fees, license fees, comply with the Dangote Loan Company and you will get your loan

    for more details contact me via email: mahammadismali234@gmail.com and contact the Dangote Loan Company for your loan now via email Dangotegrouploandepartment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete