ARCENCPostings

Thursday, July 27, 2017

First Choice sued after tourists fall ill in Egypt | Daily Mail Online


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4731034/Tourists-sue-Choice-falling-ill-resort.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Holidaymakers sue First Choice after 26 fall ill at five-star Egyptian beach resort amid 'faeces in the pool' claims

  • Furious holidaymakers say getaways were ruined by gastroenteritis and sickness
  • Tourists lawyer say excrement was spotted in pool at Jaz Aquaviva hotel, Egypt
  • Brits also claim chefs handled raw and cooked meat together using same gloves 

Holidaymakers are suing First Choice after falling ill with stomach bugs at a five-star Egyptian beach resort amid claims of 'faeces in the pool'.

The twenty six tourists are launching legal action after claiming that their getaways were ruined by bouts of gastroenteritis and sickness, while staying at  the Jaz Aquaviva hotel in Hurghada, Egypt.

Brits say excrement was spotted in the luxury hotel's swimming pool and chefs handled raw and cooked meat together using the same gloves.

The twenty six tourists are launching legal action after claiming that their getaways were ruined by bouts of gastroenteritis at the Jaz Aquaviva hotel in Hurghada, Egypt (pictured)

Jessica Whittington, 35, was left battling diarrhoea and suffering stomach cramps when she fell ill during a stay at the hotel with her husband Andrew, 39, and two children. 

Mrs Whittington was put on an IV drip following her sickness, while her husband and 12-year-old son also fell ill and are still recovering - a month later.

She told the Sun: 'This was meant to be our honeymoon. We saved up for two years but it ended up being a nightmare we still haven't recovered from.

 Nichola Blackburn, from firm Irwin Mitchell, who are representing the tourists, said: 'Clients are giving us similar descriptions of problems, including faeces in the pool.'

First Choice spokesperson has apologised to the customers' for the unpleasantness during their stay. 

Brits say excrement was spotted in the luxury hotel's swimming pool and chefs handled raw and cooked meat together using the same gloves (pictured, the hotel's buffet area)

A spokeswoman said: 'We're sorry to hear about these customers' experience during their holidays earlier this year. 

'As we understand this is now subject to legal proceedings we are unable to comment further at this time. 

'We closely audit all resorts to which we operate to ensure that health, hygiene and comfort levels are maintained in line with industry standards.'


--   Sent from my Linux system.