Adventures by Disney has announced a new itinerary that will bring guests to the land of pharaohs and pyramids in 2020 with the launch of an unforgettable family vacation in Egypt, a three-part tour featuring adventures by land, river and sea.
- Families will be immersed in the allure of both ancient and modern Egypt during a skillfully planned itinerary developed with the trusted family travel expertise of Disney.
- The journey will deliver up-close encounters with the legendary landmarks and rich history of ancient Egypt, complemented by interactive introductions to the customs and culture of contemporary Cairo.
- Guests will also enjoy an enchanting cruise along the Nile River, which provides access to lesser-known relics of the old world, and an indulgent retreat on the colorful shores of the Red Sea offers a refreshing blend of fun in the sun and relaxation.
- Other highlights from the 10-day, nine-night Egypt trip include:
- Visits to breathtaking ancient monuments with the expert guidance of a world-class Egyptologist. These include the world-famous pyramids and Sphinx of Giza; the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun's tomb; and the temples of Luxor, Kom Ombo, Horus at Edfu, Philae and Karnak.
- Immersive experiences at the brand-new Grand Egyptian Museum, which opens to the public in 2020. Here, guests can embark on an interactive King Tut-themed treasure hunt or peruse the museum's state-of-the-art exhibits at their leisure.
- Access to the inner wonders of the Great Pyramid of Giza during a tour of the burial chamber of Pharaoh Cheops.
- Interactive cultural activities, such as a chef-led cooking class on Egyptian specialties, a Nubian folkloric show and henna tattoo experience, and a hieroglyphic writing lesson.
- Picture-perfect outings in surreal settings, like a voyage on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat, visits to lively local markets and a private beachside Bedouin-themed dinner.
- A three-night cruise along the Nile River with premium accommodations and themed entertainment, followed by a two-night stay at a luxurious beachside resort in Sharm El Sheikh, including a full day snorkeling excursion on a private boat to visit the famous coral reefs of the Red Sea.
- Adventures by Disney will offer 11 Egypt departures in 2020, five of which are reserved for adult travelers.
- The adult-only itinerary features an exclusive VIP tour of the conservation rooms at the Grand Egyptian Museum, where millennia-old artifacts lie uncovered and unrestored.
- Bookings for 2020 vacations open May 16, 2019.
-- Sent from my Linux system.