-------- Original Message --------
|Subject:||Open Access Monograph Series: Oriental Institute Museum Publications (OIMP)|
|Date:||Thu, 31 Mar 2016 02:31:25 GMT|
|From:||Charles Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
The Oriental Institute Museum is a world-renowned showcase for the history, art, and archaeology of the ancient Near East. The museum displays objects recovered by Oriental Institute excavations in permanent galleries devoted to ancient Egypt, Nubia, Persia, Mesopotamia, Syria, Anatolia, and the ancient site of Megiddo, as well as rotating special exhibits.
- OIMP 38. A Cosmopolitan City: Muslims, Christians, and Jews in Old Cairo. Edited by Tasha Vorderstrasse and Tanya Treptow. 2015.
- OIMP 37. In Remembrance of Me: Feasting with the Dead in the Ancient Middle East. Edited by Virginia Rimmer Herrmann and J. David Schloen. 2014.
- OIMP 36. Our Work: Modern Jobs – Ancient Origins. Photographs by Jason Reblando, interviews by Matthew Cunningham, edited by Jack Green and Emily Teeter
- OIMP 35. Between Heaven and Earth: Birds in Ancient Egypt. Edited by Rozenn Bailleul-LeSuer. 2012.
- OIMP 34. Picturing the Past: Imaging and Imagining the Ancient Middle East. Edited by Jack Green, Emily Teeter, and John A. Larson. 2012.
- OIMP 33. Before the Pyramids: The Origins of Egyptian Civilization. Edited by Emily Teeter. 2011.
- OIMP 32. Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond. Edited by Christopher Woods. 2010.
- OIMP 31. Ancient Israel: Highlights from the Collections of the Oriental Institute, University of Chicago. Gabrielle V. Novacek. 2011.
- OIMP 30. Pioneers to the Past: American Archaeologists in the Middle East, 1919-1920. Edited by Geoff Emberling. Published in 2010.
- OIMP 29. The Life of Meresamun: A Temple Singer in Ancient Egypt. Edited by Emily Teeter and Janet H. Johnson. 2009.
- OIMP 28. Catastrophe! The Looting and Destruction of Iraq's Past. Edited by Geoff Emberling and Katharyn Hanson, 2008
- OIMP 27. European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500–1750: Maps from the Collection of O. J. Sopranos. Ian Manners. 2007.
This is the catalog for the Oriental Institute Museum Special Exhibit of the same name, on display from November 2, 2007 through March 16, 2008.
- OIMP 26. Daily Life Ornamented: The Medieval Persian City of Rayy. Tanya Treptow. 2007.
- OIMP 25. Embroidering Identities: A Century of Palestinian Clothing. Iman Saca. 2006.
- OIMP 24. Lost Nubia: A Centennial Exhibit of Photographs from the 1905-1907 Egyptian Expedition of the University of Chicago. John A. Larson. 2006.
- OIMP 23. Ancient Egypt: Treasures from the Collection of the Oriental Institute. E. Teeter. 2003.
- Islamic Bindings & Bookmaking. A Catalogue of an Exhibition in the Oriental Institute Museum, University of Chicago, May 18-August 18, 1981. By Gulnar Bosch, John Carswell, and Guy Petherbridge. Originally published in 1981.
- "The Ancient Near East in the Time of Tutankhamun: A Self-guided Tour. Geoff Emberling and Emily Teeter. Originally published in 2006."
- "Ancient Nubia. Oriental Institute Museum. Originally published in 2006."
- "Artists in Egypt (1920-1935). John Carswell. Originally published in 1991."
- "The Oriental Institute Museum: Highlights from the Collection. Oriental Institute Museum. Originally published in 1989."
- "A Catalogue of Arabic Manuscripts in the Oriental Institute of Chicago. Miroslav Krek. Originally published in 1961."
- "Iranian Art at the Oriental Institute Museum of the University of Chicago. Designs by Sue Richert. Text by Carl H. Kraeling. Originally published in 1951."
- "The Oriental Institute Handbook and Museum Guide. Oriental Institute Museum. Originally published in 1941."
For an up to date list of all Oriental Institute publications available online see: